Monday, June 05, 2006

Work Slowdown

Why is it that when you give your notice at a job, those you work for suddenly start giving you less work? I gave my notice of transfer to a new position in the same company. Last week, I could barely keep up with the work and now I have nothing to do hence this blog. I found a friend through their blog last week that I hadn't spoken to in a long while and found his to be interesting.
I thought that this would be a healthy way for me to get out any frustration and stress and just in general talk about whatever I wanted. :)

So I've given my notice, they have given me the "what will we do without you" routine and now I have to sit here for 2 weeks with nothing to do? Come on! My brain is still functioning. My fingers still fly over the keyboard. Are they already adjusting to life without me? Dang! That was fast. When do I start to train the ones that are left here to do the work until they fill my position even though they don't have the skills to do it? It will take me at least two weeks to train the other women to do some of my stuff and then I'll have to train the one they hire too. Looks like any extra time that I have in my new job will be spent here trying to get them up to speed. Think I'll still get the same rate of pay?

Well, all for now. Gotta run.

No comments: