Monday, June 19, 2006

First day of new job

Well, today is the first day of my new job. I survived the last few weeks of my old one. Managed to suffer through the last day. They gave me a party on Wednesday - which was very nice and I will miss working for most of them. Especially the woman that I worked for first. But on to better things!

I got most of the my stuff organized yesterday. After putting in some hours working and getting the stuff ready for today's big push. Nothing like starting on a week where the stuff could hit the fan. I'm a little nervous but will manage to get things done correctly. I need to see how the flow works before suggesting any changes. One women in the department already is thinking of ways that we could be doing more instead of having to forward calls to her all the time. She is very excited that I am coming to the department and I am excited to be working with all of them.

Yesterday was much too humid to even think! It's still 76 degree's out and it's quarter to five in the morning. How do people in the south deal with this? How did people in the past before air conditioning and too many clothes deal with it? I'm very thankful that I live in the age of less clothes and more cold air!

Well, off to the shower to get on with my day. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: